Commissioning Technician (Canton, Ohio, USA)
- The CT will report to the CEO.
- Internal: Managers and colleagues. External: Customers.
Qualification and Experience:
- Trade Tested: Electrician, Fitter or Millwright. Or
- Solid understanding and experience in electrical and mechanical fault-finding on machinery and control systems.
- Solid understanding and experience in machine setup, installation and commissioning.
- Solid understanding of mechanical assembly and panel/machine wiring.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical part drawings, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Understanding of automation principles including PLC systems, Scada systems, fieldbus systems, electrical control systems.
- Excellent computer literacy / competency.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Primary Objectives/responsibilities/Key Performance area:
- Assembly and wiring of machines per specifications.
- Prepare kitting areas and receive parts kits and assembly drawings.
- Assembly machines mechanically and or conduct electrical wiring as per detailed drawings / schematics.
- Setup and prepare machinery for the commissioning phase, during the assembly phase.
- Investigate problems if parts don’t fit and follow the relevant corrective action
Testing and Commissioning of machinery.
- Thorough and professional testing / commissioning of machinery in accordance with quality standards, engineering and sales specifications.
- Prototype and bench testing of equipment/machinery/mechanisms and compiling of technical reports where required.
- Power up, machine setup and running of machinery at Clifford and on client sites.
- Ensure that the machine and test products confirm to the required standards and terms of sale / contract before shipment.
- The sales contract/order confirmation, sales releases and relevant quality documents such as checklists are key documents to ensure quality of supply to clients.
- Stripping/dismantling/loading onto trucks or into containers, and re-assembly of
- machinery on client’s site.
- Site installations which could include supervising offloading, placement of equipment, assembly commissioning, operator training and machine handover and sign-off.
- Servicing, Support and repair of machinery.
- Provide technical support to clients as required.
- Upkeep of tools and equipment.
- Technical documentation must be updated.
- Working Environment:
- This position requires local and international travel for up to 3 months at a time.
- Hands on assembly and dismantling of machinery.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Working hours may be irregular.
- The ability to remain calm and professional under all circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills, team player and ability to work alone as required.
- Health, safety and environmental policies must be adhered to at all times.
- All business system and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
- Continuous improvement to ensure optimal efficiency, especially to ensure accurate and on delivery and feedback.
- It may be required to assist with other areas of the business from time to time as defined by business needs and constraints that may arise, in order to ensure that business objectives are met.
Applicants must send a TWO PAGE CV to firstname.lastname@example.org